Sunday, January 4, 2015

Holiday fun time

Did not realize it had been so long since I updated! That is a good thing, means I do t have much to write about. Zoey has been changing meds about every 6 weeks or so, but now we are hopeful that topamax is her med! She still has a few break through small, almost unnoticeable ,seizures. That is huge for her! She was having the small ones before, but they were in clusters. Now she may have 1, but it's by itself. Topamax has also seemed to have stopped whatever else was making her have seizures every morning between 4-6 a.m. Hopefully this means we are finally headed in the right direction for her meds.
 The holidays were really nice! We moved into our new home, and were able to have thanksgiving and christmas at our house to enjoy it. This kids had a blast playing and finding out where buddy the elf had moved everyday. Both joe joe and Zoey celebrated birthdays in December as well, making it a busy busy month. Joseph had a transformer party, Zoey had a ladybug party. Both parties we were able to have nanny come all the way from England to join in on the parties!
I don't want to sound all negative in my posts. That isn't my intention, but I also know that there are parents out there who are just starting the journey of dealing with infantile spasms and I want them to know that others struggle with the same emotions. Zoey has been doing extremely well. She loves to run and climb and even recently started saying "Dixie". Dixie is my mom and dad's dog, sooo not sure why she learned that one, but we will take it! That puts her total vocabulary words to 3.  She is learning facial expressions and is getting some attitude. She knows what NO means and doesn't like be told it. It's very cute and hard to keep a straight face when she gets all mad. She will also give kisses, but must be in a good mood and most importantly WANT to give kisses or again she will just get mad at you. These are all good positive signs for her growth and development. When it's just me and her I love it! I don't think about anything else except she is happy and cheeky. 
 The outside world likes to take that away. I seem to think that everyone else must see that for a 2 year old, she just isn't developed enough. I find myself having to explain to people what she has been through and make them understand why. I don't need to do that. Most of the time I don't believe people even think about it. It's just me. Don't get me wrong I am proud of what she has already accomplished. She is a little miracle. The odds of her having this type of a life of walking and running isn't common. Like only 10% chance. However, I also see how cruel people can be. People who don't know and don't understand. They make a comment that is devastating to the parent and the child. Ignorance... I don't look forward to having those kinds of encounters. I'm not a confrontational person, but don't poke mama bear!
 Now that that is out there, I can resume the positivity! I have a 4 year old and a 2 year old! Cannot believe it... Also my crazy birthday/christmas month is done which means I can relax for a bit. Remember no news is good news!

No comments:

Post a Comment